Friday, August 3, 2012

Seeing Meryl Streep

Yesterday I got to be an audience member of The View. For all of you who have been following my blog for one day, or if you have been following it since the beginning, you know that I am a huge fan of Meryl Streep. Well, I am here to report that I saw her in person yesterday!! She and Tommy Lee Jones were the featured guests on the program to promote their new film Hope Springs, hitting theaters August 8.

The experience was nothing short of breathtaking and amazing. Thanks to my awesome friend Josh Powers, we got the tickets and I got to bring my family with me. We got to sit in the second row, so we were literally within ten feet of Meryl Streep, Tommy Lee Jones, Sherri Shepherd, Whoopi Goldberg, Barbara Walters, Elizabeth Hasselback, and Joy Behar! I don't think I have ever been more excited in my lifetime! Everyone who works for the show is amazing and so nice!

 My family and I were the only people in the crowd waiting in line that knew that Meryl and Tommy Lee were going to be the guests. Everyone else just knew that they were going to the second taping of the day! When the people from the live show came down and saw all of us waiting for the next taping they exclaimed: "I'm so mad, you guys are getting to see Meryl Streep!" Then the whole crowd broke out in talking and excitement.

During the first portion of the show Hot Topics, I was so in awe of the studio in general and how close we were able to sit! I really want to be an audience member again, there is truly nothing like it. The interview with Meryl and Tommy Lee was nothing short of amazing. She even did a Julia Child impression! Meryl was so down to earth as she always is and she always has the right answers. The greatest thing about her to me is how real and genuine she is. She presents herself as she truly is and has nothing to hide. I think that is so rare to find in a movie star and I admire her for that. I am so much more excited for Hope Springs now!

When they were walking offstage Meryl waved to the crowd and she looked directly at me and waved. It was seriously so great! I have been such a big fan for so long and never did I imagine that I would see her, let alone be able to hear her in a live interview. If you would like to see this interview watch The View next Wednesday, August 8th. And make sure you go see Hope Springs next Wednesday.









12 comments:

  1. Hi :) It sounds like you had a great time! Pretty jealous! I just wondered, do you know why Meryl has her hand bandaged up? x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so lucky, I'm happy for you :) did Meryl said in the show what happened to her arm?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for both your comments!! In fact I do know why her hand was bandaged. She said in her Julia Child voice "It was a cooking accident!!" She was slicing an avacado. It was an absolutely amazing experience!! Keep reading

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, amazing that you went to The View and saw her and all!!

    Was it a good interview? I mean you said it was but sometimes I find The View interviews to be a bit crowded and boring ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Honestly, being such a big fan, I knew the answers to a lot of the questions that the asked both of them. However, I did find the interview interesting. I agree that it is crowded, I mean the women interrupt one another to get air time, but it was well executed. The movie itself provides such good questions for an interview. Tune in next Wednesday and then let me know what you think!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay, thanks for your reply! And I will definitely be tuning in on Wednesday!

      But so the questions were predictable? She didn't say anything new that we didn't know?;) I just thought, like you said, that this movie would provide a good foundation for a good interview with more candid/new questions!

      Delete
  6. I'm so jealous right now! Meryl has been my idol since I was five I'm fourteen now. When I first heard about Meryl hurting her hand I nearly cried. But as long as she's ok I will be too. ill be watching the view next Wednesday for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's awesome Amanda. I am obviously a huge fan too!! She is ok, I promise. Definitely tune in next Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. His hurt! What's she at his hand? Insufferable of see her like that!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can't wait to watch it thanks for the update!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love, love, love your post and pictures about this amazing event! That's a really nice looking guy with you and your sister....hummm. ;-) Keep up the good work. Your blog is the highlight of my day....

    ReplyDelete
  11. How exciting! It must have been amazing to be so close to the queen!

    ReplyDelete